£negotiable + benefits (dependant on qualifications and experience)
Goole, East Yorkshire
Andrews Automation Ltd is a leading UK specialist in the design, manufacture and installation of integrated conveyors and materials handling systems. All our solutions are tailor made to customer specific applications and are fully supported from specification to after sales.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced mechanical engineer with design and production experience. The successful candidate will be required to assist with designing, developing and manufacturing our range of conveyor based automation systems and will work closely with our projects team to produce high quality solutions within our automation systems portfolio.
We offer a competitive salary and the opportunity to play a crucial part in furthering the development of the company.
Experience of AUTOCAD and/or SOLIDWORKS would be advantageous but not mandatory as training will be given to the right candidate.
We seek a well motivated and dedicated individual who is keen to make a difference to our operations.
- Design components, sub-assemblies and complete products suitable for manufacture and assembly.
- Produce manufacturing drawings using 2D/3D CAD software tools.
- Liaise with external suppliers to organise parts manufacture.
- Liaise with clients on requirements and production schedules.
- Oversee assembly & manufacturing processes within our premises, working to tight delivery deadlines.
- Assist with in-house testing and commissioning of systems.
- Manufacture prototype components for use in-house, using engineering tools, (lathe, mill, pillar drill etc.)
- Some site work will be required within the UK.
Qualifications and requirements
- Educated to minimum HNC level, mechanical engineering discipline
- Experienced 2D & 3D CAD drafting/modelling, AutoCAD/Solidworks preferred
- Experience using engineering tools
- Good communication skills (written & verbal)
- Desirable: experience with MS Office based tools.
- Desirable: experience with conveyors and automation systems
For further details, to discuss this position or to make an application, please contact us via email on the link below.
Applicants should provide a full CV and job history along with a covering letter for the position. Please note that the successful candidate will need to show a valid British passport or other documents in order to demonstrate a right to work in the UK.
To apply for the position of Mechanical Engineer, please send your CV and any supporting documentation via email by clicking on the "Apply Now" button.